Thursday, June 26, 2008

High Court Rules on D.C. Handgun Ban

Here's what Daley said:

"It is frightening that America loves guns," the mayor said, "and to me, I think this decision really places those who are rich and those are in power, they'll always feel safe. Those who do not have the power do not feel safe, and that's what they're saying. If you're elected officials, you feel safe. You cannot carry a gun into a federal building. You cannot carry a gun into a federal court. So they're setting themselves aside, and really, they're saying to the rest of America that the answer to all the constitutional issues is that we can carry guns. And I just don't understand how they came to this thinking." (CBS2/AP)
Now for some reason I'm not following his logic very well. I understand this: "those who are rich and those who are in power, they'll always feel safe." I suppose that would include police officers (as it should) and "aldermen and a handful of others" that are exempt from the ban. Apart from that, he lost me. Video, and the full story is at WBBM 780 - see if you can make it out. Is there a Daley interpreter in the house?

(Great quote: "When seconds count, the Police are only minutes away." I don't know who said it first, but I found it here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts! However, comments containing profuse profanity, inane insults (unless they're entertaining), or anything else that makes us cranky may disappear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails