Friday, January 16, 2009

Try the Inauguration Speech Generator

Today I found yet another online time eater: the Inauguration Speech Generator. You enter some nouns, verbs, and adjectives, some places and things, and it creates the speech. So, I entered some Chicago-style stuff that's been on my mind, in honor of the President-elect's home town. The speech is the result of my first (and probably last) attempt - and even though it's a little rough, cross my heart, I edited not one thing. Here it is:

Barack Obama's Inauguration Speech

My fellow Americans, today is a Shocking day. You have shown the world that "hope" is not just another word for "governor", and that "change" is not only something we can believe in again, but something we can actually pay-to-play.

Today we celebrate, but let there be no mistake – America faces abysmal and foul challenges like never before. Our economy is . Americans can barely afford their mortgages, let alone have enough money left over for Democrats. Our healthcare system is . If your wallet is sick and you don't have insurance, you might as well call a City inspector. And America's image overseas is tarnished like a corruption . But extorting together we can right this ship, and set a course for Illinois.

Finally, I must thank my family, my campaign volunteers, but most of all, I want to thank Chicago Machine for making this historic occasion possible. Of course, I must also thank you, President Bush, for years of the American people. Without your efforts, none of this would have been possible.
Go try it. You can post yours in the comments if you like. If you do, we'll pick the best and repost it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My fellow Americans, today is a superfluous day. You have shown the world that "hope" is not just another word for "advantage", and that "change" is not only something we can believe in again, but something we can actually skip.

Today we celebrate, but let there be no mistake – America faces big and little challenges like never before. Our economy is round. Americans can barely afford their mortgages, let alone have enough money left over for governors. Our healthcare system is happy. If your birdie is sick and you don't have insurance, you might as well call a sketch artist. And America's image overseas is tarnished like a vat generator. But ignoring together we can right this ship, and set a course for Hickville.

Finally, I must thank my gorgeous family, my ugly campaign volunteers, but most of all, I want to thank hottentots for making this historic occasion possible. Of course, I must also thank you, President Bush, for years of salivating the American people. Without your square efforts, none of this would have been possible.

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts! However, comments containing profuse profanity, inane insults (unless they're entertaining), or anything else that makes us cranky may disappear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails